Friday, January 20, 2012

Schnibbles Full House




I really planned to join in the Year of Schnibbles (hosted by Sinta at http://pinkpincushion.blogspot.com/ and and Sherri at http://www.aquiltinglife.com/) last year and just never did.  No excuses.  It just didn't happen.  This year I have two resolutions - the first is to not buy any candy in January.  (If I can get through one month, it's a good start. right?)  The second is to join Another Year of Schnibbles and actually make them, not just look.  Full House! by Carrie Nelson of Schnibbles fame is the first pattern and it's so cute!  I made mine into a doll quilt for my grandchildren to use. 

doll pillow

I also made a pillow because I really wanted to do more than two rows.  The fabric is Simple Abundance by Bonnie and Camille.  Last year (or the year before???), I won a charm pack of this fabric in a give away and the name Abundance just screamed Full House - houses full of love, full of family, full of whatever makes you happy.

Doll all snug in the cradle

7 comments:

  1. Your doll quilt is soooo adorable. The soft colors are just perfect. A real treasure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet doll quilt and pillow. Love the cloth doll too. I made oodles of those dolls. The quilt just teasing us behind the doll bed looks interesting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't purchase any candy....my husband bought it for me. LOL! I am not much on eating chocolate but I do like Reese's Cup miniatures.
    I am not doing the Schnibbles quilts but I certainly enjoy seeing all the ones others make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling little quilt and pillow. I bet your grands just love playing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy February 1st! ;)

    It's abundantly simple that your little doll quilt and pillow are fabulous. I love them... but I'm thinking that they're so cute I just might have to steal this idea. I meant "borrow".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these versions :-) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cradle quilt is adorable. You have just inspired me to make a row of houses to add to a pillow case border. I will use the scraps from the guest bed quilt - that will tie everything together when the quilt is pulled back in the evening. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments. If you have a question, please be sure I can get back to you!