Monday, January 2, 2012

Baby quilt

Now that Christmas is over, I can post some of the projects I've finished.  This is the quilt I made my newest grandchild, Abigail.  The pattern is Lollipop Hill from Reets Rags to Stitches.  Their pattens are mostly prim and, while I love prim, I wanted this to be a bright and cheerful quilt since it's for a baby.  Abigail's mom, AKA DD#1, had to hear the whole time I was working on it, "I like the quilts I've made all the other kids but I think this is my favorite child's quilt EVER!"   I think she heard it several times a day.  It's hand appliqued and hand quilted.

It's hard to see the quilting in a picture but there's a path leading up the hill to the lollipops and they have spiral stitching to look like actual lollipops.  I also put a ball with a star on it between the horses but that doesn't even really show when you're holding the quilt.  Still, I like knowing it's there.  Some of the fabrics were new, others from my stash.  I buy brights sometimes but need a special quilt to use them and this one is definitely special to me!


Lollipop Hill

5 comments:

  1. That's cute, love the elephant and your polka-dot fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt!!
    The pattern is just so darn cute - and I love the quilting you added.
    Great fussy cutting and it is a HAPPY quilt ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put in a stella effort into this baby quilt!!! It has so much to see in it, beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning baby quilt, definitely an heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is just 'over the top'. I can see why it's your favorite! You did a spectacular job, from fabric to quilting. Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments. If you have a question, please be sure I can get back to you!