I spent last week working on the Christening dress for Abigail. I'd made one that her mother and both of my other daughters wore, and then The Princess wore it when she was baptized. Abigail was a month older, though, and that dress was too small. When First Daughter was married five years ago (before I had a blog) I made her wedding gown. It's all silk - lining, underlining, organza for interfacing, outer dress, the whole works. I bought a bolt of fabric (on a roll, not folded, but that's another post) and have some left so made Abagail's dress from that. I had just enough lace to put on the hem. I had about 3" left when I was finished but enough works. You can see the detail in the picture. The wedding gown has flowers on the back and I made one like that for the bodice of Abigail's gown.
The whole dress doesn't show in the collage so here's a longer view.