Thursday, October 4, 2012

Anonymous comments

I've been having trouble with "Anonymous" emailing me spam disguised as blog comments.  The thing is, they've never shown up here under "comments" so they must be direct emails.  The last one began, "Nice article."  The thing is, it wasn't an article so I didn't even open it.  

I'm really tired of getting spammed this way so have changed my comments to registered users only, including Open ID.  Now, I have no idea what Open ID is but it sounds like you have to identify yourself in some way.  Since I receive very few legitimate comments from "Anonymous", I hope this won't make things harder on those of you who want to say something about the posts because I really love it when you do.  And thanks for understanding.


4 comments:

  1. I regularly read quite a few blogs and some sporadically. Many of the bloggers are complaining about the same problems with spam and reader identification. I love reading about what everyone is doing and hope the blogger problems don't discourage the bloggers into giving up. Patience is needed for all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! I've been having the same problem. Anonymous comments via email but not in the posts were it says it is. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a run of those too, mostly from foreigners

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been getting a few of those lately too. I think I will change my blog to eliminate "anonymous" too. Blogger does sort them out as "spam" and doesn't show them as posts on my blog, but they still show up in my email account. I agree with Synthia above - patience is needed. Judy

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments. If you have a question, please be sure I can get back to you!