I meant to take a picture of the entire stack of fabrics I was using but that didn't happen because I kept adding. Every time I thought I had everything, I'd start sewing and then pull another one out of a different bin. I finally had to put away part of the mess or I wouldn't have been able to get to the table. These are some of the fabrics going in the quilt.
|A few of the fabrics|
I've never cut away the base fabric when I applique but this one was such a big section and I could see the background fabric too well so I gave it a try.
|I hadn't trimmed the threads yet|
There are eight uneven log cabin blocks, four for the top border and four for the bottom, all different fabrics except the pink with flowers in the center.
And this is why I keep some scraps I found in the bin. I think the piece was 5x5 (or else it was 4x4) but it's one of my favorites and this seems to be all that's left of it.