Thursday, April 26, 2012

April Schnibble - Summer Day

This month, I actually followed the pattern!  I used Reunion by Sweetwater for the fabrics - I love the line and they really do look summery to me.  I purchased some 1/2 yard pieces to go with the charm packs before we were given the pattern for April so I used one of those for the sashing on the flying geese blocks.  Because of that, I only needed to use one charm pack and still have one left.  I'll probably use it for a doll quilt. 

Summer Day in Reunion fabrics
I hand quilted this by following the outside of the large triangles in the geese and stitched two parallel lines in the border, closer to the inside of the quilt than the outside, 1/4 inch apart.  It's been finished for a couple of weeks but I haven't had a chance to take a picture of it until today.  You know how life can be. 

8 comments:

  1. I love the reunion fabric... the quilt looks so vintageie! I like what you did with the quilting too. Now I am sorry that I changed my pattern when I made Summer Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt! Love the way you decided to quilt it.
    Yup...I know how life can be - lucky us you found time to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see what you've been working on. It's lovely! I was sure something wonderful would show up here pretty soon....and Wah Lah! Today's the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable, I love your fabric choices, and the way you chose to quilt it.
    thanks for sharing, ah yes, life sometimes just gets so busy
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I left a comment on Carrie's blog, but just in case you didn't see it, I got my bamboo point turner at Joann's. The one here in my area always has them. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! the fabric has a vintage, yet fresh look and the triangles against the white just pop out, it's another one of your wonderful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is wonderful and it looks antique!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments. If you have a question, please be sure I can get back to you!