Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas ornaments

Every year, I try to make a new ornament for my girls.  I saw the directions for this over on Julia's blog and thought they'd be perfect this year.  Obviously, I changed the colors.  Also, the list of necessities doesn't give how many of each we need.  I got a small bag of seed beads and it barely made two baubles so if you want to do more than two, buy a bigger bag.  And there are twelve sections so that's handy to know, too.  Julia showed 24 drops but I didn't have enough end beads so made 12 drops.  



Obviously, the top photo is better.  I don't have a tree so had to come up with a way to 'hang' them!  The beading is the same pattern but I used different beads on the drops.

I also wanted to make some Spritz cookies.  They just taste like Christmas to me!  I have a press but the dough wouldn't stick to the parchment (or the cookie sheet) so I removed the die and piped out a log, wrapped it, and refrigerated it overnight, then I sliced and baked them this morning.  They aren't as pretty but they taste just right - very yummy!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Mary, they both look beautiful.
    I'm so chuffed that you made my beaded bauble. I love to make them in all different colours.
    The cookies sound yummy..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ornaments are lovely. Isn't beading fun????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - beautiful gifts for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that ornament, wow, haven't tried beading yet!
    I am sure your girls will treasure them
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ornament is gorgeous. My family used to make a really pretty ornament at Thanksgiving every year. Think I need to revive that tradition. Love spritz cookies - we used to flavor them with jello powder.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments. If you have a question, please be sure I can get back to you!